Monday

food musings ...

It's kinda been a not-so-great food week for me. with the exception of the chicken stew jason made on saturday and we ended up eating it all weekend. we're pretty "stewed-out" if you will ... anyways. cause of our crappy health since thanksgiving we haven't really gone out for a great meal, or cooked a fantastical feast. i blame it on the health. can't be cookin when your coughing up grossness every 3 seconds. anyways, TMI.

i got into some kind of holiday funk last night and decided to make a croquembouche. like i said i've been in sicky so Marthas show and bad TV (namely Jersey Shore, totally my new guilty pleasure) have been keeping me company. Rachel Maddow and Martha made that croquembouche and they make it look so easy :( needless to say, mine didn't turn out or else this post would have been titled "Croquembouche" Sigh. i will attempt it again in the near future ...

to cheer me up, Jason has decided to take me on a Food Truck hunt. In LA theres this craze going around with every kind of food imaginable on wheels. Korean BBQ, ice cream sandwiches, fries, pizza, indian food. everything. Since he works in Hollywood, hes sampled 75% of all the trucks and i on the other hand have sampled oh about 0%. sad days. apparently these trucks don't really come to the 'burbs (except kogi. bless your heart kogi), so im going to stalk them. after knowing of a FRENCH FRY truck, the search is ON. i think im just going to make frysmith my inaugural food truck to mark my mission. if you see me risking my life (and the lives of others) waving you down, frysmith, dont be alarmed. just pull over .. give me the goods, and no one will get hurt.


we havent even met, and i love you already ...
Related Posts with Thumbnails