Friday

Duncan Hines Yellow Cupcakes

Sometimes a little Duncan Hines is all you need. I wanted to do the whole "from scratch" thing but decided against it cause I'm too lazy. BUT I did make my own frosting so its 1/2 scratch :)

Amaaayzing Chocolate Frosting

1 stick butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder (I get mine from Surfras in culver city)
1/3 cup whole milk
3 cups confectioners sugar, sifted

Melt the butter on low heat (2-3 minutes).
Add cocoa powder and milk, stir to combine.
Cook until mixture thickens and just begins to boil.

Remove from heat.
Stir in confectioners sugar until frosting is thickened and smooth.

Immediately spoon on top of cooled cupcakes and it will set itself. It might drip but I think drips are cute. Let them dry on a cooling rack and slide some parchment paper under the rack in case it drips on the counter, cleanup is easy.

Excuse me while I gorge myself.

Related Posts with Thumbnails