Saturday

Hells Kitchen


I am SO addicted to this show. Mostly because i've grown up in a restaurant kitchen, my dad is the chef and he most certainly can have the temper of the great Gordon Ramsey. I have never seen the previous seasons, but i totally got HOOKED this season. Im always curious how dinner service only restaurants work and this show provided a bunch of insight. Honestly, i think i learned alot just by watching this show because it really deals with what kind of food you put out and if it passes the Ramsey test. Pretty much like, it looks good enough to me but is it good enough for him? and i cannot imagine any contestant leaving the show without thinking about Gordon Ramsey when they put food out. Well, maybe except Joseph. (Need a reminder? "I'm nobody's bitch!!" what a nutjob ...). Anyways. i totally relate to the show and i think it made me understand my father a lot more. Don't get me wrong, he is a complete softie but when he is in his element, in the zone, there is no room for error which is valuable asset in our business because at the end of the day it is about the food, not feelings.



From the get go i could have guessed that the finalists would have been Ariel and Kevin because they were the strongest from the beginning. Dave came in from left field for me because he broke his wrist and to me it was damn near impossible to cook in a high intensity kitchen for 8 hours a day. But, he prevailed and won the whole thing. It was really impressive! given the fact he has had a cast on for the last 10 episodes! crazy. i doubt i'll ever go to the Araxi, but it would be nice to see how Dave does in the real world. In the meantime, i will have to check out Gordon Ramsey at the London in LA. Can't wait :)
Related Posts with Thumbnails